The commits for HHVM this week contain things from small improvements to the docs site to common-case optimisations to underlying engine improvements. There was more activity this week, though it’s likely to drop for the next couple of weeks as people go on holiday.
Summaries of the commits for previous weeks can be found in the category’s archives.
My highlights from the commits to HHVM for the week ending 2015-12-18 are:
- Updates to HHI files:
- An optimisation similar to last week’s one for unserialising. This time, it’s for Thrift structs.
- Report the running version as PHP 7 when running in PHP 7 mode.
random-static-stringscommand in the admin server which returns a random sample of the static strings.
hh_server --checkso that it works in a directory that already has
- Use a faster
strtollwith base-10 numbers. Should make decoding JSON with numbers in it slightly faster.
- Documentation improvements:
- A slightly more useful error message when running Hack code without the type checker.
- Some tidying up of the PPC64 ASM.
- Make the eager garbage collector less memory intensive.
- Deprecate the
- General PHP compatibility:
- Add INI support for sandbox patterns.